Terms & Conditions
There is no live stock control on this web site - you can check stock availability by telephone 01257 426129 - or email email@example.com
Here you will find information about ordering from our web site, shipping details & our returns policy. Should the answer to your question not be listed on this page, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to help. firstname.lastname@example.org 01257 426129
The term 'T & J. J. McAvoy LTD' or 'McAvoy Guns' or 'T & J. J. McAvoy Gunsmiths' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 33 School Lane, Standish, Wigan, Lancashire, WN6 0TG Our company VAT registration number is 407 1869 47 Our registered Firearms Dealer number is 06/00000001682.
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Images; Images may be shown on products for illustration purposes with related accessories - for example; telescopic sights - these related accessories are not included in the displayed price unless otherwise stated.
We use several shipping methods - each includes tracking & must be signed for on delivery;
We ship only to the card holder address*
Our shipping charges are calculated generally by size & weight. Shipping of restricted items such as guns, is a flat rate fee.
All of our shipping methods require a signature on delivery - if you require shipping on a specific day, please contact us prior to ordering to see if we can arrange this for you.
Standard Shipping - Normally next working day, but can take up to five working days
Certain products can not be shipped by Royal Mail eg: Aerosols, Explosives etc - these will be shipped by courier.
For large items, such as gun cabinets, please refer to the individual product's description.
*Unless the purchase includes a shotgun, firearm or gun restricted under the VCR act - in which case an RFD transfer is required - during checkout, orders including one of these products will be listed under "Gun Shipping" as the shipping method. You will need to arrange with a registered firearms dealer local to you to accept delivery on your behalf. Your local dealer may charge you a fee for this service.
We provide a gun storage service - for full terms & conditions of storage, please click here to email us. From 10-4-18 all guns will be subject to a minimum storage charge of £25.00 per gun - this will cover storage for 12 weeks. Once the 12 weeks is complete, guns will then be charged at £2.00 per gun per week ongoing (calculated daily).
- 1.a By submitting an Order to Us, you warrant and represent to Us that you are over 18 years old;
- 1.b If you are not able or not willing to give the warranties and representations set out in clause 9.1 above then you must not submit an Order to Us.
- 2.a We have made all reasonable efforts to accurately display the colours, designs and sizes of the Goods for sale on Our Website. You acknowledge and accept that designs, colours, shapes and patterns shown on the Website are approximate only. Colours in particular may differ due to your own computer's visual settings and hardware.
- 2.b If the Goods you have Ordered are not available in the colour, design or size you have requested we will notify you of the colours, designs or sizes currently available. Should you not wish to accept an alternative product you may cancel your order & no charge will be made to you
- 2.c You acknowledge that you do not rely on any representation and/or warranty that has not been made in accordance with these Terms.
- 3.a The price payable for the Goods shall be as shown on the Website. Prices advertised on the Website include VAT at the current rate (VAT stands for Value added tax) but exclude postage, packing, insurance and any applicable export duties. Delivery charges are shown separately when ordering and must also be paid in advance. T & J. J.McAvoy LTD is obliged by law to charge VAT on all orders delivered to destinations in member countries of the EU. The price displayed in accordance with our web site is the inclusive costs with VAT to our customers.
- 3.b Payment shall be made by you by the means specified on the Website and shall not be deemed to be made until We have received cleared funds in respect of the full amount stated in the Order.
- 3.c Prices and or specification are subject to change without notice should a change occur on your order, we will notify you of the change & you can then choose whether to continue with your order or cancel. No charge will be made upon cancellation
- 4.a You may cancel your Order at any time up to the end of the fourteenth (14) Day from the date you receive the Goods PROVIDED THAT the Goods remain unopened and sealed in their original packaging in a condition suitable for re-sale.
- 4.b To cancel your Order you must notify us in writing (which includes letter, fax or email). The sum debited to Us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to the same card (excluding shipping costs unless the items are not as described, or that the items are faulty) within 30 days of your cancellation notice - providing goods are returned as per 4.c.
- 4.c The Goods in question must be returned to Us within 21 days of your cancellation notice and must be received by Us in the condition they were in when delivered to you, unopened and sealed in their original packaging in a condition suitable for re-sale. Unless the Goods are faulty, We shall be entitled to recover any direct costs of having to recover the Goods from you and may set such costs off against the amount to be re-credited to you.
- 5.a We reserve the right to cancel the Contract if:
- 5.a.1 We have insufficient stock to deliver the Goods you have ordered;
- 5.a.2 We do not deliver to your area or country;
- 5.a.3 One or more of the Goods you ordered was listed with incorrect product information, price, and/or description for whatever reason; or
- 5.a.4 We have reason to believe that you will fail to pay for the Goods or that you will not comply with these Terms (or any of them).
- Unless we notify you otherwise, once your Order has been accepted, we will deliver the Goods ordered by you within 7 days to the billing address you give Us at the time you make your Order.
- All and any Intellectual Property Rights in connection with the Goods shall be owned by Us absolutely.
- We may from time to time be requested to provide information to government bodies (including without limit the Police) with regards to any Goods you purchase from Us and you hereby consent to Us doing so.
- 9.a If we do not deliver or if the Goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective on delivery or during the Warranty Period or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Our only obligation will be, at Our option to:
- 9.a.1 make good any shortage or non-delivery or incorrect delivery; or
- 9.a.2 replace or repair any Goods that are damaged or defective; or
- 9.a.3 refund to you the amount paid by you for the Goods in question.
- The above obligations shall not apply when such damage or defect has arisen as a consequence of any negligence by you or your failure to comply with any reasonable instructions issued by us in respect of maintenance and/or safe handling.
- 9.b We shall have no Liability to you for any consequential, special or indirect losses including without limit loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings damage to or loss of goodwill, reputation or data.
- 9.c Without prejudice to the foregoing, our total aggregate Liability to you under and/or arising in relation to this Contract shall not exceed the amount paid by you for the Goods.
- 9.d Nothing in this Contract shall exclude or limit Our Liability for death or personal injury due to Our negligence or any Liability which is due to Our fraud or any other Liability which We are not permitted to exclude or limit as a matter of law.
- 9.e Nothing in this Contract shall exclude or limit your statutory rights.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to Us must be in writing and sent to T & J. J. McAvoy LTD, 33 School Lane, Standish, Wigan, WN6 0TG or email@example.com
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver Goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond Our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
**The three months warranty does not cover mis-use, fair wear & tear or poor maintenance.
***We can not cover postage costs to or from us.
- 13. Miscellaneous
- 13.a If any part of these Terms is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude Our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these Terms will not be affected.
- 13.b This Contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 13.c Special offers may have terms in addition to those terms listed above. These will be displayed with the corresponding special offer.